Collection Manager allows libraries with an OCLC Cataloging Subscription or CatExpress subscription to set holdings in WorldCat based on titles in their Collection Manager instance. Collection Manager will automatically maintain holdings in WorldCat as titles in dynamic collections are added, deleted, or updated.
By default, the WorldCat Holdings setting is disabled in institution settings. WorldCat Holdings settings are not applicable to query collections or to collection-level settings to create data sync collections in Collection Manager.
Manage Holdings in Collection Manager
Collection Manager sets holdings on your print and electronic resources selected in the knowledge base allowing you to represent your subscription access as it changes dynamically over time. The holding is set on the override OCLC number (OCN) listed in the collection.
If WorldCat holdings were initially set by another process, such as Record Manager or Connexion, the holding status of the title is taken over by Collection Manager when selected in a collection. If at any point you disable WorldCat holdings within the collection or a title is removed from your collection, Collection Manager will remove the WorldCat holding as well as any Local Bibliographic Data attached to the title. However, if the title contains a Local Holdings Record, the WorldCat holding and the LHR will be retained on the record.
Enable holdings maintenance across all of your collections
- Navigate to Institution Settings > WorldCat Holdings.
- Set Maintain holdings in WorldCat to Yes.
- Now that you have enabled WorldCat Holdings in the institution settings, the setting activates default settings across your collections. Review the list of default collection-level settings:
- Enabled for all collections you have selected or will select from the global WorldCat knowledge base and enabled for knowledge base collections you have created
- Disabled for open-access knowledge base collections
- Enabled for cataloging partner collections you have created or will create. The settings will take effect when you activate your cataloging partner collections. You have the option to use the collection-level setting in cataloging partner collections to delay setting holdings in WorldCat by up to 180 days
- Follow the instructions to change a collection-level WorldCat Holdings setting if needed.
Change a collection-level WorldCat Holdings setting
- Search for the collection. See Search for collections in Collection Manager.
- Click on the name of the collection to open it and expand the collection-level Holdings accordion.
- Adjust the setting within the collection. The options are:
- Use institution setting (Enabled)
- Disable for this collection