Register to use the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway
Learn how to register to use the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway for other OAI-PMH compliant repositories.
Registering your organization is the first step to working with the Gateway. Follow the steps below to get started. After you have registered and have received your Gateway user credentials, you can log in to the Gateway to register your repository, add other users to share the work, and begin synchronizing metadata with WorldCat.
Register for Other OAI-PMH compliant repositories
The Gateway is available at no charge to organizations with OAI-PMH compliant repositories. Membership in the OCLC cooperative is not required.
Note: These instructions are for first time users only.
- Go to the Gateway registration page.
- In the Register your institution to use the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway section, provide the following information:
- Institution name, city, state, country – The name and location of the library or institution that you’re registering.
- If you don’t know the OCLC Symbol for your institution, or if your institution does not have an OCLC symbol, leave this field blank. (The OCLC symbol is used to identify your holdings.)
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the person who will serve as your institution’s contact for the OCLC WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway.
- Click Register.
In a few days, OCLC will send a welcome e-mail that includes user credentials that you can use to log in to the Gateway and add additional users.