Discover how to import non-Latin records in Connexion client.
- Select either MARC-8 (default) or UTF-8 Unicode to import records with Arabic, CJK, Cyrillic (within the MARC-8 character set), Greek, or Hebrew scripts. These MARC-8 character sets are subsets of UTF-8 characters, so selecting either character set covers them.
- Use only UTF-8 Unicode to import records with scripts outside of the MARC-8 set (e.g., Armenian and Bengali).
To select a character set for importing records:
- Click File > Import Records or press <Alt><F><I>.
- In the Import Records window, specify the import file and destination and then click Record Characteristics.
- Under Bibliographic Records, select one of the following from the Character Sets list:
- MARC-8 (default)
- UTF-8 Unicode
- Perform one of the following actions to return to the Import Records window:
- Click OK or press <Enter> to save your settings and close the window.
- Click Cancel to cancel changes.
See Import bibliographic records for general instructions for importing records.