MARC field Help
Discover how to use MARC field Help in Connexion client.
To open MARC Help for a field:
- With a bibliographic or authority record or workform open, click to place the cursor in a field.
- Click Help > MARC Field Help, press <Shift><F1>, or right-click in a field and click MARC Field Help on the shortcut menu.
- For a field in a bibliographic record, the client opens your default browser to a description of the field in Bibliographic Formats and Standards.
- For a field in an authority record or workform, the client opens your browser to a description of the field in Authorities: Formats and indexes.
- When finished, click X in the upper-right corner of the browser window or press <Alt><F4>.
To open the description of a fixed field element when the fixed field is displayed at the top or bottom of a record, not as a variable field:
- Click View > OCLC Fixed Field.
- Click a blue underlined link in the fixed field of the displayed record. For example, click ELvl in a record for a description of Encoding Level or click Dates for a description of Date 1 and Date 2.