Purpose of the Search Local Bibliographic Save File window
Search the local bibliographic save file for:
- All saved records
- All records with a specific workflow, action or source status
- Specific save file records
- Limit searches by held or not held items, by date, by MARC format, or by the library who created the records
- Select the order for the list of records retrieved
Access the Search Local Bibliographic Save File window
- Navigate to Cataloging > Search > Local Save File, or click , or press <F3>.
- In the Search for box, enter a search term and select an index in the adjacent list.
- (Optional) Enter a second search term, select an index, and select a Boolean operator to combine the terms.
- (Optional) Select a workflow, action, and/or source status to limit the search by status, and then select a Boolean operator to combine if you select more than one status limiter.
- (Optional) In the Limit Search by area, select check boxes, select from lists, or enter a date to limit your search by records held or not held by your library, by date, by MARC format, or by one of seven national libraries that created the record.
Note: If you select more than one limiter, the client combines them with the Boolean operator and.
- (Optional) Select a sort order for the results in the Retrieval Order list.
- (Optional) Select the Retain Search check box to keep the search each time you open the Search Local Bibliographic Save File window.
- Click OK to send the search.
See more about how to search for local bibliographic save file records.
Search Local Bibliographic Save File window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Local File list||Select the local bibliographic save file you want to search.
Warning message. When you change local files, the client displays a warning that all open records from the currently selected file will close and that the newly selected file will become the new default local file.
Click Yes to confirm changing the file or No to cancel.
If you do not want to see this prompt each time you change local files, select the Do not display this prompt again check box.
Default: Full path and file name of the default local bibliographic save file*
|*Default local bibliographic save file: X:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\OCLC\Connex\Db\DefaultBib.bib.db|
|Search for ... in text fields and index lists||
|AND/OR/NOT lists||Click one or two more status indexes and select a status in the adjacent list. Combine by selecting Boolean operator(s).
|with ... status index lists and statuses list||Limit a search by workflow, action, or source status:
Find all records with a particular workflow, action, or source status by selecting the status and entering no other search criteria.
See more information on status definitions and categories.
|Limit Search by area
Note: If you select multiple limits, the limits are combined with Boolean and (that is, the search retrieves only records that meet all limitations.
|Held/Not Held check boxes
Click a check box next to Held or Not Held to limit a search by whether or not your institution holds the item.
Date text field
Enter a date to limit a search to the data in fixed field Date1 (008/07-10).
Select one of eight MARC formats to limit a search to records for items in that format.
Select one of the following OCLC symbols for a library to limit a search by records created by the library:
|Retrieval Order list||Select one of the following types of sort order to sort the search results list:
Note: If you select Name, the client uses a secondary sort by title for records that have no name or the same name data.
|Retain Search check box||Select or deselect the option to keep the most recent search in the Search for box between logon sessions.
If you retain the last search, the client keeps search terms, indexes, and Boolean operators.
A check mark indicates that the option is selected.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Send the search and close the window.|
|Cancel||Cancel the search and close the window.|
|Enter Diacritics||Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or character in a search term.|
|Clear Search||Clear search terms. The client keeps the last Boolean operators and indexes you used.|