Purpose of the Search Local Authority Save File window
Search the local authority save file for:
- All saved records.
- Specific records by save file number, OCLC ARN, heading, My Status, or MARC organization code.
- All records with a specific workflow or action status.
- All WorldCat records that are locked or not locked.
Access the Search Local Authority Save File window
- Navigate to Authorities > Search > Local Save File, or click , or press <Shift><F3>.
- In the Search for box, enter a search term and select an index in the adjacent list.
- (Optional) Enter a second search term, select an index, and select a Boolean operator to combine the terms.
- (Optional) Select a workflow and/or action status to limit the search by status, and then select a Boolean operator to combine if you select more than one status limiter.
- (Optional) Select the appropriate check box to limit the search to Locked or Not locked WorldCat records.
- (Optional) Select a sort order for the results in the Retrieval Order list.
- (Optional) Select the Retain Search check box to keep the search each time you open the Search Local Authority Save File window.
- Click OK to send the search.
See more about how to search for local authority save file records.
Search Local Authority Save File window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Local File list||(Optional) If you create and maintain multiple local save files, expand the list and select the file you want to search.
Warning message. When you change local files, the client displays a warning that all open records from the currently selected file will close and that the newly selected file will become the new default local file.
Click Yes to confirm changing the file or No to cancel.
The first time the warning displays, you have the option to select a Do not display this prompt again check box.
Default: Full path and file name of the default local authority save file*
|*Default local authority save file: X:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\OCLC\Connex\Db\ DefaultAuth.auth.db|
|Search for ... in text fields and index lists||
|AND/OR/NOT lists||Select one of the Boolean operators in a list to combine a second search term and/or status in a different index and/or status:
Default: AND (or last used)
|with ... status index lists and statuses list||Limit a search by workflow or action status:
Find all records with a particular workflow or action status by selecting the status and entering no other search criteria.
|WorldCat Record check boxes||Limit search to locked records only or to records not locked only:
Select a check box next to Locked or Not Locked.
|Retrieval Order list||Select the order in which to sort the search results list. In the Retrieval Order list, select one of the following:
|Retain Search check box||Select or deselect the option to keep the most recent search in the Search for text box(es) between logon sessions.
If you retain the last search, the client keeps search terms, indexes, and Boolean operators.
A check mark indicates that the option is selected.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Send the search (or press <Enter>).|
|Cancel||Cancel the search and close the window.|
|Enter Diacritics||Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or character in a search term.|
|Clear Search||Clear search terms. The client keeps the last Boolean operators and indexes you used.|