Discover how to batch-process setting or deleting holdings using OCLC numbers only without the system having to download the records to your workstation in Connexion client.
You can batch-process setting or deleting holdings using OCLC numbers only without the system having to download the records to your workstation:
- Click Batch > Holdings by OCLC Number.
- In the Batch Holdings by OCLC Number window, enter a list of OCLC numbers, each on a separate line.
In the Input File of OCLC Numbers field, enter the full path and file name of a file you prepared, or click Browse to locate the file and then click Import.
- Click OK to start batch processing right away.
Note: You must process the numbers immediately. The client does not store them.
To prepare an import file:
- Create a text file (file extension *.txt) in a text editor such as Notepad, entering each OCLC number on a separate line.
- Output a text file of OCLC numbers from your local system.
Note: Enter the numbers only. The system ignores any characters preceding the OCLC numbers, such as an index label (no:), an asterisk (*), a number sign (#), or a prefix such as ocm. Import the file in the client Batch Holdings by OCLC Number window, as described in step 1 of the procedure above.