How do I locate/access our Circulation Item Inventory Report?
- WorldShare Circulation
- The Circulation_Item_Inventories Report is delivered to libraries with WorldShare Management services weekly via the OCLC File exchange server.
- The report can be found under the /xfer/wms/reports file exchange directory.
- WMS Customers can download this report from the SFTP server, at any time when required.
- These reports are kept on the FTP exchange for 90 days
- To locate and access this report the WMS library needs to have downloaded a free FTP client such as WinSCP or FileZilla
- You will need to get the settings required for the Host name, Port number, and File Protocol along with your Username and Password required from OCLC Support
- If this is the first time you have logged onto the new OCLC file exchange account, you will need to accept a new host key.
- You should always trust this host and add the key to the cache.
If you do not know your credentials [Username and Password ] Along with the Host name, Port number, and File Protocol to access the File exchange server,
please contact OCLC Support.
To locate this report once you have logged into the FTP client - Follow these steps
1. You will be in the home directory upon login, which corresponds to the new username.
2. From there, navigate to the root directory.
3. And then to the /xfer directory.
4. In order to change into the desired product directory, which is /xfer/wms/Reports.
5. In this example this would be /xfer/wms/Reports/ xxxx. Circulation_Item_Inventories.txt.
Once you have downloaded the text file you can then import it into Excel and sort /filter on the columns/information however required.
Creating even smaller more useful reports from this data.
Download files using an open-source SFTP client