- WorldShare Record Manager
- WorldShare Circulation
- Service Configuration
In Record Manager locate a bib record in WorldCat for a laptop, if one has the correct publisher details ( brand and model of yours) then use that one, or otherwise derive a record from the
- You will notice you will need to use the 'object' as the format for these,as there is not an equipment format to use.
- If you have derived a bibliographic record - take note of the OCLC number created, once you have saved your record in WorldCat.
- If you will keep these on a shelving location somewhere in library (location), so that you can set a 1 week loan against them - but you need to create a new shelving location.
- Then log into Service Configuration > WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Holding Codes & Shelving Location Messages > expand the Holding Codes Translation Table > type in the new
shelving location required.
- You will want to use a shelving name that has no more than 22 characters - so it sits on one line > Save changes > Logout of Service Configuration.
- Logout of WMS and back in to see the new shelving location in Circulation > Discover Items > look up OCLC number you've just created > using the scope All WorldCat > Select Title > Add item > Add in the required
details > Save.
- Add all the laptops as required.
Now you will need to setup a 1 week loan policy (or the length of time you require) for these items in Service Configuration, if you do not already have one.
- Loan Limit policy (allowing 1 item to be loaned only).
- Loan Limit Matrix (who this limit policy applies to)
- Loan Policy (1 week loan policy or duration you require for these items)
- Loan Policy Map (who this rule applies to, what material type, branch, shelving location & Loan Policy).
- Use arrows to ensure this new rule is above the ALL, ALL, ALL, Default policy options & then set the Location Policy > Save each screen before you go to the next.
- Ensure you have a corresponding Notification & Overdue Bill Policies for these items.
Information on setting up a new loan policy is here :
AND other useful links are here, on the different sections you will need to set.