Why can't I close my old budget, when I have no encumbrances?
- WorldShare Acquisitions
- When trying to close a budget, after setting up your new budget and ensuing your funds are all mapped to the new budget. Then checking you have no encumbrances
- When selecting Close Budget you may see a pop-up message, when you select Close Budget advising the following :
"To close a budget, you must re-assign all unpaid items and templates that use this budget to the next budget."
- The list below includes all funds from this budget that are used by either an
unpaid item (order or invoice) or an order item template.
- You may have order templates in use that need to be reassigned to the new budget
- You may have no encumbrances as you have received all items ordered BUT you may still have unpaid Invoices
- All invoices need to be paid before a Budget can be closed too
- To locate any unpaid invoices
- Select: Invoices from the left Acquisitions menu
- Select: Invoices button
- Select: Payment Status
- Select: Open and Ready for payment
- Select Apply
- The results will return on invoices status as selected above.
- Pay each invoice so all are 'Paid' -
- You could use any left over $ from you unexpended budget so it becomes zero
- Then you should be able to go in and close the 20XX budget.
How do I close old encumbrances before rollover to a new budget?
Close a budget