Discover how to assign a default reply-to contact for each order's shipping address.
You can set the default reply-to contact to use for an order based on the order's shipping address.
- On the left navigation, click Settings > Institution Settings.
- Click Reply to Contacts to open the accordion.
- Select the branch or institution whose shipping addresses you want to set the default reply-to contact for from the Filter by Institution/Branch drop-down list. You can select the main institution registry record as well as those of each branch. Once selected, the shipping addresses for that branch or institution will display in the Reply to Contacts table.
- Select the shipping address(es) for which you want to set the default reply-to contact from the Reply to Contacts table.
- Click Set or Change Contact. The Set or Change Contact dialog opens.
- From the Set or Change Contact dialog, select one of the following:
- Registry contact - The registry contact for the branch of the institution you have selected.
- Click the Choose field to search through all user contacts in your patron user accounts. Use the text field to search for a name, or select a name from the list.
Note: This is an auto-suggest text field. Auto-suggestions for field-appropriate elements start with the first keystroke in the text field.
- Do not reply
- Click Apply. The reply-to contact you selected appears in the Contact column of the Reply to Contacts table.
When you place an order and notify the vendor of the order, the default reply-to contact will be selected based on the shipping address of the order.