Search historical receiving information for a merged WorldCat record
Discover how to search for historical receiving information for a merged WorldCat record in WorldShare Acquisitions.
You can view historical information for a serial title where the WorldCat record was deleted and merged into another record.
Note: The notes at the top of the Issues page displays both notes from the deleted serial record as well as the current serial record.
- On the left navigation, click Discover Items.
- From the Scope drop-down list, select a search scope.
- Select My Library Holdings if you already have at least one copy of the item.
- Select All WorldCat if you do not own any copies of the item.
- From the Index drop-down list, select an OCLC Number.
- In the search field, enter the OCLC Number of the maintained record.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
- Click the title of the item to open the serials management screen.
- From the serials management screen, click the Historical Issues tab. The Historical Issues tab allows you to view issue data for merged WorldCat records.
- Select the OCLC Number of the record that was merged from the Select OCLC Number drop-down list. The issue information will display in the table below, including whether your library received the issue.
Note: If there is only one merged record with serials information, it will be displayed automatically.
- Click View Details to view detailed receiving information. The View Issue Details dialog window opens and displays all copies received for the issue.
Note: Although receiving information will now be viewable for this issue, you will still need to continue receiving of issues on the new record, including clicking Start Receiving to indicate you are now receiving the new record.