Process standing orders and loose-leaf publications
Learn how to process standing orders and loose-leaf publications in OLIB.
The OLIB Acquisitions module was re-written in OLIB 9.0. This is an updated version of the How to guide, using the OLIB Web interface and based on an OLIB 9.0 Service Pack 4 system.
Standing Orders and Loose-leafs can be, by their nature, complicated. There are a number of ways in which these publications can be handled in OLIB. The workflow used will depend on the type of order and the type of publication.
The four basic processes available in OLIB are as follows.
- Open-ended standing order for all publications in a series (e.g. all the books by the local Historical Society). This uses the Multi-Volume Standing Order (MVSO) function.
- Open-ended standing order for a loose-leaf service which includes updates which will be published to no particular pattern. This uses the Multi-Volume Standing Order (MVSO) function.
- Fixed period (e.g. 1 year) subscription to a loose-leaf updating service which comes on a predictable pattern (e.g. Croner’s reference books). This uses the Multi-Volume Fixed Period Order (MVFPO) functionality and allows you the check in unexpected issues if required.
- Fixed period (e.g. 1 year) subscription to a reference work (e.g. Yearbooks and Almanacs). This uses the Multi-Volume Fixed Period Order (MVFPO) functionality. If this type of publication is required on an open-ended basis the MVSO function can be used instead.
- Amend layouts
- Learn about the layouts used in OLIB and how to amend them.
- Open-ended standing orders
- Learn how to process open-ended standing orders in OLIB.
- Fixed period subscriptions
- Learn about how to process fixed period subscriptions in OLIB.