►System Administration> Keyword Indexes
About multiple keyword indexes
The Main Keyword Index and other keyword indexes are available for searching the catalogue in the Titles domain.
- In the Titles domain click Other Searches to access them.
OLIB can support multiple keyword indexes - some are supplied pre-configured and you can also create others for use in the Titles domain. The existing Main Word Index is, effectively being Keyword Index 1. The functions of the pre-configured searches are defined below.
Pre-configured keyword indexes
OLIB is supplied with these additional searches in the Titles domain available only to the System Administrator and you will find them at the bottom of the list of search options in Titles. The System Administrator can also view the searches in the Keyword Indexes domain.
- Go to System Administration> Keyword Indexes.
- This search operates automatically and will give you a list of the keyword searches:
|Author Keyword Index 1||Pre-configured||Used in Folio Advanced search authors option.||
Indexes the author composite name, forename, initials, corporate author subordinate unit and surname fields.
Note, in the details view, it is advisable not to edit the value in the Z39.50 Use Attribute field unless advised by OCLC.
|Conference Names Index||Pre-configured||Authors list for the Main Word Index.||Note, in the details view, it is advisable not to edit the value in the Z39.50 Use Attribute field unless advised by OCLC.
|Corporate Names Index||Pre-configured|
|Enquiry Keyword Index||Pre-configured||Used in the Enquiry Management Keyword search.||Enquiry Management|
|Keyword Index 2||Pre-configured||Used for the 1=4 (title) Z39.50 search. Available in OLIB Web and the OPAC. Can also be set up as a words anywhere in title search in Folio.||Indexes the title, subtitle and normalised title.|
|Keyword Index 3||Pre-configured||Used for the 1=1003 (author) Z39.50 search. Available in OLIB Web and the OPAC. Can also be set up as an authors by author keyword search in WebView.||Indexes the author surname, forename, initials, corporate author subordinate unit and composite name fields.|
|Keyword Index 4||Pre-configured||Available in OLIB Web and the OPAC. Can be used to set up a titles by words anywhere in the title or author search in the OPAC.||Indexes the title, subtitle, normalised title, author surname, author forename, author initials, corporate author subordinate unit and composite author fields.|
|Keyword Indexes 5-9||Unconfigured||Can be used to create a new Keyword search for OLIB Web, and the OPAC.|
|Main Word Index||Pre-configured||Used for the Keyword search in OLIB Web and the OPAC .||Keyword index|
|Personal Names Index||Pre-configured||Authors list for the Main Word Index.||Note, in the details view, it is advisable not to edit the value in the Z39.50 Use Attribute field unless advised by OCLC|
Make the keyword indexes available to other users
Keyword indexes 2-10 are only visible to system administrators by default because they have a Privilege Level of 11. To make them available to other users, change the privilege level of the search's attribute:
- Go to Admin Client Configuration> Search Templates.
- Search for keyword. Click on e.g. Keyword Search (Index 4) to display the details.
- Click the Attribute link to access the Attribute details screen.
- Modify record and choose e.g. 0 - Search from the Privilege drop down.
- Optionally enter the Description (that will appear in the Titles domain), e.g. Author / Title Keyword Search.
- Save and Close.
- Rebuild OLIB Web.
Optionally the above search can be displayed higher up the list of Other Searches in the Titles domain: Rename, Resequence and Hide_Searches.
The change will take effect the next time a non-system administrator user logs into OLIB Web.
Configure the index as a search in Folio
To set up a new keywords search in the OPAC - this example uses the pre-configured Keyword Index 2 - this will be a Keywords in Title search. OLIB includes .ini files for all the additional keyword indexes, but you will need to create configuration settings for the appropriate .ini file and will also need a buttons setting in the setup.ini file to add the search to the Folio menu.
- Go to OPAC> OPAC Config Block.
- Search for kws.
- You will note that each of the additional keyword indexes has a config file present in the format kws_ixN - so the config file for Keyword Index 2 is kws_ix2.
- To create the new button carry out a new OPAC> Configuration Settings search and search for button.
- Select the kws2 buttons setting and use the Other Actions - Create Close Copy to make a copy.
- Modify the copy, change the Config Block to kws_ix2 and change the Sequence 2 value to make this menu option file where you want it in the Folio menu. Save the changes
- Change your search option to Configuration Settings by Config Block.
- Search for %kws2%.
- Select all the settings you will need for the new Config block.
- Use the Other Actions - Create Close Copy to copy them.
- Modify each of the copied settings one by one.
- All will need the Config Block changing to kws_ix2 and some will also need the Value changing , e.g. the button, page_title and stylestr settings.
- Change the search option to search for kws_ix2 and you will see all your changed settings.
The new search is now available in Folio for you to test.