Learn how to configure Loan Terms and OLIB Defaults for overdues and recalls in OLIB.
If automated overdues are to be used:
- after creating the Notices (overdue letters) and compiling them into Sequences, the Sequences should be assigned to the relevant Loan Terms in Circulation
- overdue defaults in OLIB Defaults are also required
To amend the Overdue Defaults you must log into OLIB as System Administrator.
- Go to Circulation Reference Data> Loan Terms.
- Search for the relevant Loan Terms record. Click on it and switch to modify mode.
- From the drop down select the Overdue Sequence that you want to apply to this User and Copy Category combination.
- Save the details and repeat for further Loan Terms records.
- The system manager needs to set these in System Management> OLIB Defaults (Overdue Defaults).
- The defaults are automatically populated with standard settings. Switch to modify and complete the following:
|Overdue Copy Status||The Copy Status that a Copy moves to when the first overdue has been generated e.g. ODUE Overdue.|
|Long Overdue Copy Status||The Copy Status that a Copy moves to when the final overdue has been generated e.g. LODUE LongOverdue.|
|Recall Copy Status||The Copy Status that a copy moves to when the first recall has been generated, e.g. RECAL Recalled.|
|Long Recall Copy Status||The Copy Status that a copy moves to when the final recall has been generated.|
|Default Address Type||The optional default Address Type to be used in generating automatic overdues and recalls.|
After this configuration you need to setup OLIB's Alerting functionality so that Overdue notices are automatically emailed.