►Circulation Reference Data> Standard Trap Messages
►Circulation Reference Data> Circulation Messages
About trap messages
In OLIB, messages known as Traps (Standard trap Messages), can be applied to User, Title and Copy records. These are library defined and can be created manually by library staff - those used frequently can be created here in advance.
Some messages are system generated, such as those indicating that a user has items overdue or fines to pay. You can configure whether various overrides are allowed on these in Circulation Messages.
All trap messages are displayed via the circulation screen, at the point of issue and return.
Set up library defined frequently used messages
- Go to Circulation Reference Data> Standard Trap Messages.
- To create a Trap Message click New Record.
- In Key ID enter a unique code to describe the trap message.
- Enter the text in Message (you can use up to 700 characters).
- Stop OPAC/SIP/NCIP Transactions? is a Yes/No flag that determines whether the Copy/Title or User records affected by this trap should still be able to go ahead with normal circulation transactions. (Yes or No may already be defaulted into this field if the system administrator has set it in Locations or OLIB Defaults (User/Circ Defaults).
Any number of frequently used messages can be created.
Caution: in the Standard trap Messages domain, you cannot delete system trap messages (_CD01 to_CD10). OLIB will display a message preventing this. If any standard trap messages are currently applied to any borrower, title or copy records, OLIB will also display a message preventing you from deleting them.