I am a service provider and a site is sending me an IP address to add for their EZproxy that seems odd, how do I troubleshoot the IP address?
- You are a Service Provider and a site that uses EZproxy and they are sending you an odd IP address to add to your allowed list and you want to troubleshoot the IP address
If a site is sending you an Odd IP address and you want to troubleshoot it, you can take these steps::
- Go to Arin Who Is User Interface.
- On the top right, put in the IP address, or if they have an IP address range they sent you, then put in one IP address within that IP address range.
- You will get a result. Sometimes, you will get a message that you need to search a different Arin Whois site.
- If you get a message to go to a different site, go to that site and search the results.
- You can then better determine if it is part of the organization and you will then have the information to make a decision on your next step.