EZproxy Server Error - Please tell your server administrator to check messages.txt for a Max Virtual Hosts error
When trying to log in to EZproxy or when trying to access a resource the following error message is received:
"EZproxy Server Error - Please tell your server administrator to check messages.txt for a MaxVirtualHosts error"
- EZproxy (all versions)
To resolve the MaxVirtualHosts error you will want to complete the following steps:
- Log into your EZproxy admin page.
- Navigate to the Server Status page.
- Navigate to the Host Maintenance section of the page (Click the link at the top or scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select the button next to the option "Remove XXXX hosts that have not been used in over 30 days (requires EZproxy restart)."
- Click the button that says "Process," this will navigate you to a new page.
- Click "Restart EZproxy," this will navigate you to the Restart EZproxy page.
- Type Restart in the box then click the "here" button.
- When the page says "EZproxy will Restart in 5 seconds," click the Administration link at the top.
- Return to the Server Status Page and verify hosts have been removed.
Once this has all been completed you can test accessing resources again.
This maintenance is recommended as monthly preventive maintenance.
For further assistance please contact OCLC Support