- Amlib client software
There is a facility in the Amlib folder under Utility > Icons > IconSetup.exe.
This a wizard that takes you a process, step by step to create a desktop icon and set up the necessary paths and security logins to the database.
- The first window displays a welcome message to the Amlib Shared Client Installation Wizard. Click Next.
- Click Browse to find the path to the Amlib folder that contains the Amlibtop.exe. This could be a path to a mapped drive on a Server for instance. Highlight the folder and click OK.
- Tick the relevant components. Ensure the Admin Tasks are ticked as this will ensure the connection is correct. Click Next.
- Enter the Database login and password associated with the databases. If you are unsure of the database passwords, please contact OCLC Support. This will be stored within the Windows/amlib.ini configuration file in an encrypted format. Click Next.
- Enter a Menu Folder Name or leave as default (Amlib Library Management System). Click Next.
- Ensure the Install desktop icons for selected Components is ticked. Click Next.
- The Ready to Install screen will display with a summary of the installation tasks. Click Install.
- When complete click the Finish button.
- The Installation of the Amlib Client (Shared) is now complete.