ParametersToProcess may be used to allow certain processes to proceed if a defined situation occurs.
There are four available ParametersToProcess values for use with Checkin, Checkout or Renew :
- IssueItemOnLoan (Issue an Item even if it shows to be on loan at the time of the Self Check issue. It returns to item as it would in the normal Issues window). Valid for Message 12 (Checkout response)
- IssueItemOnReserve (Issue an Item even if it is Reserved for another borrower at the time of the Self Check issue). Valid for Message 12 (Checkout response), Message 30 (Renew Response), Message 66 (Renew All Response)
- RenewOverdueItem (Allow Renew even though the Item is Overdue for the borrower performing the Self Check issue)If the Parameter exists in the list, it is included in the checking. If the Parameter is not present in the list, it is NOT included in the checking. Valid for Message 12 (Checkout response), Message 30 (Renew Response), Message 66 (Renew All Response)
- ReturnRemoveOverdueCharge (Return an Item and remove the Overdue charge that may apply). Valid for Message 10 (Checkin response)
For example, if the Stockitem shows that it is already On Loan, then if the ParametersToProcess includes IssueItemOnLoan, then proceed with the loan (acts like an override).
If the decision to not allow any Stockitem currently on loan to be issued via the Self Check system, then remove the parameter from the ParametersToProcess by the Delete button.
- From the Instances menu, select Instances. Highlight the relevant Instance
- Select Edit Messages. The Instances Messages Window displays
- Highlight the relevant Message. For example Number 12 Checkout Response
- Select Edit Fields
- The Message Fields Window will display
- Scroll to ParametersToProcess
- Click Edit Values
- The Field Values Window will display
- To remove a Value from being checked, highlight and select Delete
- To Add a New value to be checked, select the New button
- Select the Value from the Drop down box. Disregard the Type.
- Click Apply to add the Value. Click Cancel Edit if it is not to be applied