ParametersToCheck is special field in response messages except Status and is used by the Amlib SIP2 Server to perform validation and depending on the result, set field values in the response message or stop processes such as Checkout
The ParametersToCheck field for a message contains values which are parameters that have been defined for the instance. The evaluation of the Source and Target value for the parameters return a true or false result. All parameter results are combined using Boolean And to produce an overall true or false result.
If the overall result is false then the process such as Checkout will not proceed or the patron status will be set to invalid in response to a patron information request.
Parameter Source and Target values can be modified or removed from or added to the ParametersToCheck field to alter the validation rules for the Instance Response message.
Edit or Add the Values
- From the Instances menu, select Instances. Highlight the relevant Instance
- Select Edit Messages. The Instances Messages Window displays
- Highlight the relevant Message. For example Number 12 Checkout Response
- Select Edit Fields
- The Message Fields Window will display
- Scroll to ParametersToCheck
- Click Edit Values
- The Field Values Window will display
- Highlight the ParametersToCheck
Note: Some Values are needed by the system and cannot be removed. The Delete button will remain Grey for these Values. For example, Borrower – Exists on Database, Item – Exists on Database
- To remove a Value from being checked, highlight and select Delete
- To Add a New value to be checked, select the New button
- Select the Value from the Drop down box
- As the Fields are combined as a Boolean set, And is the only Type available
- Click Apply to add the Value. Click Cancel Edit if it is not to be applied