There are several report templates to count Stockitem usage. The report templates are designed to show usage statistics displayed in a number of ways:
- &STKHCC.QRP – usage count in Call Number order giving details of each Stockitem
- &STKHCSC.QRP – usage count in Stats Code order giving details of each Stockitem
- &STKHCCS.QRP – usage count in Call Number order giving summary only (by Call No)
- &STKHCSS.QRP - usage count in Stats Code order giving summary only (by Stats Code)
The reports are run against the Stockitem History. Users that delete data from the Stockitem History table need to be aware of the limitations of results.
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > Reports > RepStockitem – the Stockitem Reports screen will open
- Select the F1 New button – the Select Report Format screen will appear
- Highlight the Stockitem History report template you would like to use – &STKHCC.QRP (Usage by Call No using History), &STKHCSC.QRP (Usage by Stats Code using History), &STKHCCS.QRP (Usage by Call No – Summary – Using History) or &STKHCSS.QRP (Usage by Stats Code – Summary – Using History).
- Click the OK button
- Type in a Description – for example: Usage Count (DVDs)
- Ensure the Create Fin (Y/N) column is set to N
- Click the F3 Save button
Where Search and Order By Parameters
- Highlight the report and select the F7 Where button – this will bring up the Stockitem Reports – Where screen
- Enter the following Where search:
- History Type = ISSUE
You can use ISSUE, RENEW OR RETURN
(Use the Paste button to insert the parameter into the list at the bottom of the screen)
- If using History Type = Issue, you may want to exclude any alterations made to the due date after renewals: History Contents NOT LIKE Due Date Altered
- Enter a start date: History Date >= enter a date in DD/MM/YYYY format – for example: 01/01/2010
- Enter a finish date: History Date <= enter a date in DD/MM/YYYY format – for example: 11/11/2010 (a finish date is optional – if not inserted, the report will go up to the current date).
- You can further restrict your list to a particular Form or Stats Code - for example: Form = DVD or StatsCode = FIC
- Click the F3 Save button when complete – this will close the Stockitem Reports – Where screen and return you to the Stockitem Reports screen
- History Type = ISSUE
- Highlight the report you wish to run and select the F8 View button
- The following message will appear: This type of report may use a Saved File as the Source. Do you want to select the file now?
- If you would like the report to run using the entire database (rather than a Saved List) then select the No button
- The report will then display:
- Select the print button to print the report