Change periodical main entry title
Learn how to change a periodical main entry title in Amlib.
Change a Title
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > Periodicals > Periodical – the Periodical screen will display
- Search for a periodical record via F5 Query button
- Once displayed, from the Periodical menu, select Transactions > AllowTitleChange – a Title Change prompt with the following message will display: You may now change the title… Please note that this does not affect the Catalogue Record and if necessary you should call up Catalogue Maintenance to have the title change properly recorded.
- Click the OK button – the “old” title will now appear in the Prev Title: field – for example: Doctor Who weekly
- You are then able to type in the new Title:
- Click the F3 Update button when complete – a prompt with the following message will display:
- Click the OK button
- You will then need to XReference to the Catalogue entry and update the Title if required. We suggest you enter the previous Title as a 247 Tag (previous Title)