RDA terms and codes
RDA, or Resource Description and Access, is the proposed successor to AACR2. The tables in this guide show RDA content, media, and carrier type terms and codes that may occur in fields 336, 337, and 338 of records (term in ‡a; corresponding code in ‡b).
Most of these terms and codes are indexed in OCLC Format and Material type indexes. A record can have either a term or a code to be indexed. The RDA tables list the material type indexes that cover each RDA term/code.
In addition, a note is added in the "Other criteria" column of the main tables for OCLC Format or Material index that covers an RDA term/code. The notes link to the RDA tables.
To retrieve records with an RDA term or code, limit a search by a Format/Document Type or Material Type index that covers it.
- Carrier terms and codes (field 338 ‡a ‡b)
- Find RDA carrier type terms and codes that may appear in field 338 subfields $a and $b.
- Content terms and codes (field 336 ‡a ‡b)
- Find RDA content type terms and codes that may appear in field 336 subfields $a and $b.
- Media terms and codes (field 337 ‡a ‡b)
- Find RDA media type terms and codes that may appear in field 337 subfields $a and $b.