To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the IP Addresses left navigation, select Manage IP Addresses.
Use this screen to manage IP address ranges and attributes for OCLC products and services.
The institutions for which you are authorized are listed in the drop down box. When you select your institution, the IP Address Ranges and IP Address Range Attributes fields are populated. If you are authorized for multiple institutions, you must select the institution for which you want to edit IP addresses.
IP Address Ranges
Add an IP address
- Click Add. A pop-up window will appear.
- Type an IP address range.
- Click OK. The IP address range appears in the list.
IP Address Range Attributes, belowThe IP address is not added until you add attributes and Save. See
Add IP addresses in bulk
- Click Bulk Entry. The Bulk Entry button changes to Selection List.
- Click Selection List. The list of IP Address Ranges is highlighted.
- Cut and paste a list of IP address ranges from Microsoft® Word or Excel.
- Click Done.
Remove an IP address
- Click the IP Address Range you wish to remove. The address is highlighted.
- Click Remove. The address is removed.
IP Address Range Attributes
Add or change IP address range attributes
- Click the IP Address Range for which you wish to add or change attributes. The address is highlighted.
To select multiple IP ranges, click the first address you wish to change, then hold down the Shift key and click the last address you wish to change. Or use the Ctrl key to select multiple, individual IP addresses.
- In the IP Address Range Attributes box, click the plus symbol (+). The fields will expand.
- Choose the type of attribute from the drop-down list.
- Type a value in the field provided, or choose a Product from the drop-down list.
- To remove an attribute, click the minus symbol (-) next to the IP Address Range Attribute you want to remove. The attribute is removed.
- Click Save to save or Cancel to start over. A confirmation message appears.
IP Address Range Attributes fields
- Autho: The primary authorization number associated with the organization which has financial responsibility for paying the contracts represented by the services associated with the IP address.
- Secondary Autho: The authorization number associated with the organization who is associated with the primary authorization for the IP address.
- Registry ID: The Registry ID of the institution which may use the IP addresses of the Owning Registry ID.
- Note on Owning Institution ID: This is the Institution ID of the selected institution and cannot be edited.
- Owning Registry ID in Attributes section: The Owning Registry ID may be listed as an attribute in the list as well as the Owning Registry ID.
- Institution Symbol: The institution symbol associated with the IP address.
- Product: The product or service associated with the IP address.
- OpenURL Resolver ID: The ID of the OpenURL Resolver to be associated with the IP address.