To access this screen, sign in Service Configuration, open the IP Addresses left navigation, select Manage IP Addresses.
Use this screen to manage IP address ranges and attributes for OCLC products and services.
The institutions for which you are authorized are listed in the drop-down box. When you select your institution, the IP Address Ranges and IP Address Range Attributes fields are populated. If you are authorized for multiple institutions, you must select the institution for which you want to edit IP addresses.
IP Address Ranges
Add an IP address
- Click Add. A pop-up window will appear.
- Type an IP address range.
- Click OK. The IP address range appears in the list.
IP Address Range Attributes, belowThe IP address is not added until you add attributes and Save. See
Add IP addresses in bulk
Remove an IP address
- Click the IP Address Range you wish to remove. The address is highlighted.
- Click Remove. The address is removed.
IP Address Range Attributes
Add or change IP address range attributes
- Click the IP Address Range for which you wish to add or change attributes. The address is highlighted.
To select multiple IP ranges, click the first address you wish to change, then hold down the Shift key and click the last address you wish to change. Or use the Ctrl key to select multiple, individual IP addresses.
- In the IP Address Range Attributes box, click the plus symbol (+). The fields will expand.
- Choose the type of attribute from the drop-down list.
- Type a value in the field provided, or choose a Product from the drop-down list.
- To remove an attribute, click the minus symbol (-) next to the IP Address Range Attribute you want to remove. The attribute is removed.
- Click Save to save or Cancel to start over. A confirmation message appears.
IP Address Range Attributes fields
Use IP address range attributes for each of your institution's IP ranges, including your EZproxy IP address when applicable.
Note: A FirstSearch authorization should be used for all attributes associated with FS/WCD IP addresses. It is best practice to have this authorization number on all of your attributes.
The primary authorization number associated with the organization which has financial responsibility for paying the contracts represented by the services associated with the IP address.
Add your FirstSearch authorization to Autho specifically if you are using the following:
|ArchiveGrid Autho||The independent authorization number associated with ArchiveGrid.|
|CAMIO Autho||The independent authorization number associated with CAMIO.|
Add the Registry ID if using the following:
|Institution Symbol||The institution symbol associated with the IP address.||
Add the Institution Symbol if using the following:
The product or service associated with the IP address. Options include:
Select WorldCat Discovery as the Product if you are using the following:
|OpenURL Resolver ID||The ID of the OpenURL Resolver to be associated with the IP address.||
Add your ILL OpenURL Resolver and/or Full-text OpenURL Resolver if applicable when using the following:
Refer to OpenURL Resolvers for more information.