Why is the message "Please visit your library to get this item" appearing above our library's availability?
- The message "Please visit <your library> to get this item" appears above the availability statement
- WorldCat Discovery
That message displays depending upon a series of factors. All of the following must occur for it to appear in that form:
- The item is held by the library
- The library is not in a group
- Item availability/holding information is present
- There is no place hold button at level 1
- The item is circulating, but it is not available online (856 links from the OPAC, 856 WorldCat record, LHRs or KB)
- There is no ILL button set to show
- The correct required setting in your column options in the Grid found here : WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > OPAC Statuses, Locations and Circulation Policies > Item Availability from OPAC > is incorrect, which causes this message and blocks the Place Hold button from displaying.
There are many system messages in WorldCat Discovery. You can get a list of them and what causes them to appear.
See Column Options for more information about this setting.