- Keep the place hold button from displaying for items in specific shelving locations
- WorldCat Discovery
- WorldCat Local
Follow the steps below to update the settings for a specific shelving location.
- Go to the Service Configuration > My WorldCat.org > Place Hold/Request Module.
- Verify that the Place Hold (Level 1 Fulfillment button) is configured to use this option: It depends on item type, status, and location
- Circulation data is defined in "OPAC Statuses, Locations and Circulation Policies" section.
- Corresponds to Level 1 Fulfillment in the OPAC status table.
- Go to Service Configuration > My WorldCat.org > OPAC Statuses, Locations, and Circulation Policies.
- Scroll down to the OPAC Status Grid.
- Add a new row.
- Put one asterisk (*) in the first column.( this will gives you any status)
- Note if you type Any Status, the system will be looking for this specific status, instead or all possibilities..
- Put the shelf location between asterisks (*shelf location*) in the second column.
- Leave third column blank.
- Select available or unavailable in the fourth column depending on if you want availability to display for this item.
- Make sure the box is unchecked for Fulfillment for (Level 1) and any other fulfillment options your library does not wish to include.
- Please contact OCLC Support if the place hold button persists or you encounter other issues with this process.