When viewing search results, WorldCat Discovery displays additional unique formats locally held by your institution under Other Editions and Formats.
Note: This feature is available to all WorldCat Discovery subscribers.
See Search Settings, Search Results Settings for configuration information.
If you do not have availability on demand, the representative record will include a link to each locally-held format type that is not the same year as the representative record citation.
The following criteria apply in determining which editions display from the cluster:
- Most recent
- The most recently held item is favored for display in the Local Editions and Formats on brief results. Dates that contain special characters, such as [199-?], will be considered oldest.
- One of each format type
- Same language as the default edition
- Not the same OCN as the representative record (default edition)
- Not the OCN alternate physical edition, if Display alternative formats on search results is enabled
- Note: If this setting is not enabled, an alternate physical edition is not taken into consideration
The additional editions will indicate whether the additional format type is newer or older than the publication date of the representative record.
An additional link will display a count of all local editions and lead to the editions and formats drawer which shows all editions available locally, within the group, and from libraries worldwide, showing WorldCat Discovery users other items held by their institution regardless of the representative edition or format.
If available, select the Access Online link to be taken to the electronic resource.
Select Details to view the item detail page for the record.
Note: If your library subscribes to Availability on brief, use this setting in conjunction with the physical item availability on electronic item search results setting. Other formats will display one of each locally-held format type that is not the same year as the representative record citation OR the physical item available on the electronic record.