Discover how to import new and existing lists in WorldCat.org.
Note: If you are signed in to WorldCat.org as a WorldShare library, any lists you import will be associated with your institution. You will need to sign out and sign back in as a WorldCat user to associate imported lists with your personal account.
Import a new list
- Select My Profile from your username drop-down menu.
- Select Lists from the drop-down menu.
- Click Import List to open the Import List dialog.
- From the Import List dialog, complete the following:
- List name - Enter a name for the list. The list name can contain up to 70 characters, including spaces.
- (Optional) List description - Enter a description for the list. The list description can contain up to 500 characters, including spaces.
- List privacy - Select a privacy setting for the list.
- Private (default) - Only you can view this list. If you are signed in as a staff member through an institution, you will be able to see all public and private lists created by the institution.
- Public - Anyone on WorldCat.org will be able to view, cite, share this list.
- Drag and drop your list file.
Click Browse and select the list file you want to import from your computer.
- Click Import List. A confirmation message displays when the file has been imported with a hyperlink to view the list.
- If any items in the file were unable to be imported, an informational message will appear.
Your list file can contain up to 500 items and must:
- Be saved as a .CSV in order to import it into WorldCat.org
- Contain one column (OCLC #) as the OCLC number will be used to identify the bibliographic record in WorldCat that you want to add to the list