Generate citations for a list
Discover available citation styles and how to generate citations or download a RIS file for a list in WorldCat.org.
Note: OCLC partners with EasyBib to provide citations.
If you have created a list of resources you are using for a research project or find a public list and would like to generate citations for all items at once rather than one at a time, you can generate citations from WorldCat lists.
WorldCat records offer the following citation styles:
- AMA 10th edition - American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style
- APA 7th edition - American Psychological Association (APA) Publication Manual
- ASA - American Sociological Assocation (ASA) Style Guide
- Chicago (author-date) 17th edition - Chicago Manual of Style
- MLA 8th edition - Modern Language Association (MLA) Handbook
Generate citations for items in a list
- From the List Details screen, click the Cite button (). The Cite a Record dialog opens.
- From the Cite a Record dialog, select a citation style from the drop-down list. The citation is generated in the text box below.
Note: Citations are automatically generated and may be missing information. Proofread the citation before copying and pasting.
- If supported by the citation format, the first 25 items in the list will be available.
Note: If a list contains more than 25 items, you must sign in to your account to download all items to RIS at once.
- Click Copy Citation to copy the citation to your workstation's clipboard.
Copy and paste the citation from the citation text box.
- Click Close to return to the List Details screen.