You can share an item from the Item Details screen in WorldCat Find using a variety of delivery methods.
Share an item via an app on your mobile device
- From the Item Details screen, tap the Share button (). A dialog opens offering a variety of sharing methods unique to the apps you have installed on your phone. Common sharing methods include:
- Text message
- Social media apps (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Tap the app you want to use.
- Enter any required information (e.g., the receiver's email address).
- If required, tap the submission button for the app. After you have shared the item, you'll return to WorldCat Find.
Share an item via permalink
A Permalink or permanent link is a simplified URL for a webpage that is designed to be short and easily interpreted. Permalinks are ideal for use in emails, blog posts, and other web-based communications where lengthy URLs might cause a problem. The permalink for a WorldCat record utilizes the OCLC number, an identifier created when the item is first cataloged in WorldCat by one of our member libraries.
- From the Item Details screen, tap the Share button ().
- From the dialog that opens, tap Copy. The permalink is now available for you to paste to another location.