How do I configure FirstSearch so off campus students don't need to log in?
- Provide remote, non-proxied access to FirstSearch
You can add a hyperlink on your library's website that will IP authenticate based on the IP address of your website, rather than the IP address of the remote user. You'll need to access FirstSearch's administrative module to set this up:
- Navigate to the FirstSearch Administrative module.
- Log in using your FirstSearch Administrative credentials. Contact OCLC Support if you do not know your credentials.
- Select Authentication/Access > IP-Address Recognition.
- In the four boxes provided, enter the IP address for your library website.
- Click the Add arrow to add the IP address.
- Click Save Changes.
- Update your library website to include the following URL: https://firstsearch.oclc.org/fsipreferer
- Note: You cannot paste this URL into your browser. It must be embedded in a website to work.