About FirstSearch databases
FirstSearch offers increased visibility for your library's holdings, easier access to full text, including full-image articles, and much more. Select any database name below to obtain detailed information for that database, including indexes, index labels, and examples of expert searches.
FirstSearch databases are available from OCLC's Z39.50 server. Each database page also includes Z39.50 configuration information. For technical specifications on connecting to the OCLC Z39.50 test server, see Z39.50 access.
Subscribe to the FirstSearch Internet List (English only) to receive news about upcoming database changes and enhancements to the service.
FirstSearch databases and details
- Index of articles that describe the Table of Contents pages of journals
- Clase and Periódica (ClasePeriodica)
- Index of Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities
- Electronic Books (Ebooks)
- OCLC catalog of online electronic books available through libraries worldwide
- Electronic Collections Online (ECO)
- An OCLC collection of scholarly journals
- Journal articles and reports in education
- GPO Monthly Catalog (GPO)
- U.S. government publications
- All areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing
- Union catalog of digital resources
- Open Access Content
- An OCLC index of worldwide open access content.
- OCLC index of papers presented at conferences worldwide
- ProceedingsFirst (Proceedings)
- An OCLC index of worldwide conference proceedings
- Art and rare book sales/auction catalogs
- Values for the dbname or db component
- Find the values used for dbname or db component to create IP address recognition links for FirstSearch users.
- OCLC catalog of books, web resources, and other material worldwide
- WorldCat Dissertations and Theses (WorldCatDissertations)
- OCLC catalog of dissertations and theses available in OCLC member libraries