All WorldCat Registry accounts will need to be migrated to WorldShare Service Accounts. WorldCat Accounts are linked to specific institution registry IDs.
To ensure your ability to manage the WorldCat Registry for your institution, use the WorldCat Account Migration module to migrate your WorldCat Registry Account to a WorldShare Service Account. The associated WorldShare account must have access to the OCLC Service Configuration. Refer to OCLC Service Configuration roles.
- WorldCat Account access is not being turned off in any environment at this time. The date for removing WorldCat Account access for Registry management is to be determined.
- Access to the other modules in OCLC Service Configuration is not affected by the WorldCat Account Migration for WorldCat Registry.
Use the WorldCat Account Migration module if:
- You have a WorldShare Account and a WorldCat Account, which is currently authorized to edit an individual Institution's Registry records and you want to retain that edit ability.
- You have a WorldShare Account and a WorldCat Account, which is authorized to edit multiple institutions' Registry records and you want to retain that edit ability.
- Your WorldCat Account is currently authorized for one or more institutions' Registry records, but you do not have a WorldShare Account.
- Contact OCLC Support to get started with creating a WorldShare account.
Migrate your account
Use the WorldCat Account Migration tool when you are no longer going to use your WorldCat Account to edit Institution Registry records in the OCLC Service Configuration.
- Enter your WorldCat Account User Name and Password.
- Click Migrate.
You will receive notice that your account has successfully migrated. You will be able to use your User Name to sign in to the OCLC Service Configuration with your OCLC Services account to manage the WorldCat Registry profile for your institution.
Contact OCLC Support if you have any questions or concerns while migrating your WorldCat Account.