OCLC ISO ILL 18262 service
Learn how to transmit and update ILL requests using different ILL systems through the OCLC ISO ILL 18262 service.
The ISOILL 18626 protocol allows a library in the OCLC ILL network to send, receive, and update ILL requests from a library using a different online ILL system provided that the system also supports ISOILL 18626.
To initiate communication between the OCLC ILL network and a different online ILL system, use the appropriate authorization form for your library's ILS provider. Please complete the form by filling out the fields electronically, then print, sign, and send it to ISO18626@oclc.org.
Instructions for OCLC ILL member libraries:
- Indicate which ILL system you will be communicating with
- Request an ISOILL API key from that ILL system
- Supply that key to OCLC
OCLC will then configure your library to use ISOILL to libraries in the other ILL system.
Instructions for libraries not in the OCLC ILL Network:
- Confirm your ILL system is ISOILL 18626 compatible.
- Complete the form above for your ILL system.
- OCLC will supply you with a three or five character symbol.
- OCLC will supply you with an API key.
- Configure your ILL system using the symbol and key provided by OCLC.