The Advanced Search allows you to perform a more precise and detailed search. Click the Advanced link from the top menu bar
The Advanced search allows you to search a selected field, for example, Title, Author, ISBN or OCLC Number. A number of methods can improve the effectiveness of Advanced keyword.
- Double quote around a phrase will only locate a record with these exact words in this order.
- Boolean operators such as AND, OR and NOT allow you to combine search term.
- Nested logic is also supported. EX: (Word1 or word2) not word3
Click the drop-down arrow to select the relevant search field.
Enter the search term(s) as required.
You can choose how many records are displayed on each results page by amending the Records per page field.
Click the Search button or press the Enter key to perform the search. The Reset Form link clears the search terms entered.
On the Advanced search, you may also select and deselect collections to be searched. The functionality is identical to that described for the Standard search.
From the Advanced Search, you may set filters on the type of material that NRE/VDX should return in the results list.
To display or hide the filter options, click the filter name link or the arrow to the left of the filter name:
The following filter options are available:
- Filter results by Format(s) – Select one of more item formats from the list. NRE/VDX will limit your results to the format(s) you selected. If you don’t want NRE/VDX to limit your results by format, select all formats using the Select all option. By default, all formats are selected.
- Filter results by Language(s) – Select one or more languages from the list. NRE/VDX will limit your results to works in the language(s) you selected. If you don’t want NRE/VDX to limit your results by language, select all languages using the Select all option.
- Filter results by Level(s) – Select one or more levels from the list. NRE/VDX will limit your results to works intended for the audience(s) you selected. If you don’t want NRE/VDX to limit your results by level, select all levels using the Select all option.
NRE/VDX will perform the search and filter the results before displaying them. Because this may take some time, it is preferable to use the Filter Options in the top menu after the initial search results have been displayed.
The same filter options are available. Click Submit to filter the search results.
Note: It is recommended that you use the filter function after your search returned hits.