This class covers the Tipasa copyright management features for libraries in the United States, which allow libraries to: view requests needing copyright clearance in a separate queue; match copy requests for publication date within last 5 years to previously borrowed titles and track times used, and mark as fair use or CCG with pending payment required (with a link to CCC to view cost); and track "fair use" and "will pay" copyright usage.
Topics covered include:
- Configuration of copyright settings in Service Configuration
- Workflow and tracking of requests requiring royalty payments
ILL staff responsible for managing and tracking copyright compliance associated with ILL copy requests should take this course.
After completing this course, learners will be able to configure copyright management options and track copyright compliance and ILL requests requiring royalty payments.
Tipasa training is intended for libraries currently implementing or using Tipasa. If your library is not a member of a current or previous Tipasa cohort, please see these Recordings or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about Tipasa.
Registration deadline for live classes is 2 hours before the session start time.
Register for live, online training
|Tuesday, June 14, 2022||2:00PM - 3:00PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (52 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.