Tipasa users have access to the Report Launch Pad to create a custom report, schedule or edit an existing report, view previously saved versions of a report, or access reports saved in your institution shared folder.
Save and retrieve custom reports in your institution shared folder for all reporting staff to view; the shared folder's name will be your institution's OCLC symbol. You can also save a personal copy in the My Documents menu.
Export reports immediately or schedule reports to run automatically from the Report Launch Pad.
Please see WorldShare Report Designer and Report objects by Universe, Interlibrary Loan for more information.
Create a query
To build a custom report, log into WorldShare and navigate to Analytics > Reports > Report Launch Pad > Interlibrary Loan Reports.
Report Launch Pad will open a new browser window.
In this example, you are going to create a report listing the reasons for no for requests you've created as a borrowing library for the last several months. This report uses the following objects in the Interlibrary Loan universe:
- Dimensions: OCLC Request ID, Request Item Title, Request Item OCLC Number, Request Item Article Title, Request Item Article Issue Date, Request Item Imprint, Lending Institution Symbol, Lending Institution Name, Lender Reason for No, Lender Unfilled Date/Time
- Measures: Lender Unfilled Date Year, Lender Reason for No, Lending Institution Symbol
- In the left navigation, click Report Launch Pad.
- Select Web Intelligence from the Applications drop-down list in the upper right-hand toolbar.
- Click the New button ().
- Double-click Universe.
- From the Universe dialog, double-click Interlibrary Loan.
- In the Query Panel, expand the Request Details and then double-click OCLC Request ID. Request ID now appears in the Result Objects panel.
- Expand the Request Item folder and then double-click Request Item Title, Request Item OCLC Number, Request Item Article Title, Request Item Article Issue Date, and Request Item Imprint. These now appear in the Result Objects panel.
- From the Lending Institution folder, double-click Lending Institution Symbol and Lending Institution Name.
- From the Supplier History folder, double-click Lender Reason for No. Expand Lender Unfilled Date and double-click Lender Unfilled Date/Time.
- From Lender Unfilled Date, single-click Lender Unfilled Date Year and then click the arrow next to Query Filters.
- Select Equal To, and type 2018.
- Select Lender Reason for No and then click the arrow next to Query Filters.
- Select Not In List and click Define Filter Type. Select Values from List and double-click N/A. Click OK.
- Expand the Lending Institution folder and select Lending Institution Symbol. Click the arrow next to Query Filters.
- Select Not Equal to and type your OCLC symbol.
- Optional. Preview the results by clicking Refresh.
- Click Run Query.
Watch a video
Create a report from the ILL universe (7:29)
Libraries with a Tipasa subscription can use WorldShare Report Designer to create reports from the Interlibrary Loan universe. This video will show you how to do that.