Release Date: February 24, 2018
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. This checklist identifies updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
|Following the release, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache before starting to work with Tipasa.|
|Have you updated addresses in all your borrower and lender Constant Data? If not, please do so on behalf of all your borrowing and lending partners. Address labels do not print properly unless the addresses are formatted correctly.|
|Have there been any changes in your contact information or lending policies? If so, please make the appropriate updates in Policies Directory.|
Share release notes with your colleagues.
Add text to sign-in page
Libraries that use OCLC-hosted sign-in pages and OCLC's basic authentication are now able to include custom messages in the header and/or footer of the sign-in page. Messages may include bold, italic, and hyperlinked text.
A similar enhancement for institutions using LDAP authentication is planned for a future release.
If your institution uses CAS or SAML authentication, this enhancement does not apply because your patrons see your institution's sign-in page.
Include due date on book strap
For borrowing and document delivery, you are now able to print the due date on book straps.
To enable printing of the due date, go to the Print Settings within OCLC Service COnfiguration. Select the option to Show Due Date on book straps.
If you have specified an offset due date for the patron to see in the patron interface, the offset date will be printed instead of the due date specified by the lender.
The due date appears on the book strap just below the pickup location.
Additional details for these workflow improvements are available in the Tipasa documentation: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa
Bug fixes and known issues
The following issues have been fixed recently:
- Change Password link has been disabled for libraries using third-party authentication
- Request Methods and Delivery Methods are now being pulled correctly into the Profile Summary page of the Policies Directory.
Lists of current known issues and recently fixed issues can be found at
- Overdue notification improvements (targeted for March/April 2018)
- Copyright count corrections (targeted for April 2018)
- Purchase workflow improvements (targeted for June 2018)
- Ability to send requests to WMS Acquisitions (targeted for June 2018)
Roadmap information is available at: OCLC Tipasa Community
Product web site
More product information can be found at http://www.oclc.org/en/tipasa.html
- Training: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa/Training
- Documentation: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa
- Release Notes: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa/Release_notes_and_known_issues
- OCLC Support: https://www.oclc.org/support/contact-support.en.html
When calling OCLC Customer Support (U.S.), press option 7 to be directed to a Tipasa Tier 1 Support Specialist.
OCLC Community Center
At the OCLC Community Center, you can:
- Connect with community peers
- Collaborate, ask questions and gain insights
- Contribute and share ideas to improve products
- Stay on top of and discuss OCLC announcements