Release Date: June 30, 2018
This release was tested with the following browsers:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. This checklist identifies updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
|Following the release, we recommend that you clear your browser's cache before starting to work with Tipasa.|
|Have you updated addresses in each of your borrower and lender Constant Data records? If not, please do so on behalf of all your borrowing and lending partners. Address labels do not print properly unless the addresses are formatted correctly.|
|Have there been any changes in your contact information or lending policies? If so, please make the appropriate updates in Policies Directory.|
Share release notes with your colleagues.
Join us on July 11 for Product Insights: Resource Sharing. Register here:
New features and enhancements
Use enhanced purchase workflow
The purchase workflow in Tipasa has been enhance to allow you to:
- Automatically route requests meeting specified criteria (e.g., format, year, patron status) to the new Review for Purchase queue
- Utilize additional options for changing the fulfillment type (e.g., return unpurchased item to borrowing workflow)
- Utilize request history for requests in the purchase workflow
- Access information in usage reports
- Communicate the status of purchase requests to patrons within in the patron interface
- View additional information for purchase requests
Receive email alerts when new lending requests arrive
For infrequent lenders, you can opt to receive an email alert when a new request arrives in the lending queue.
New Lending Requests Email Notification for additional information.Please see
Bug fixes and known issues
Lists of current known issues and recently fixed issues can be found at:
The following enhancements are planned for upcoming releases:
- Targeted for August 2018
- Optional retention of patron data on closed requests
- Delivery of files up to 120 MB in Article Exchange
- Targeted by the end of 2018
- Printing of book stickers for borrowing and document delivery requests
- Auto-population of local holdings and availability information for lending requests (pilot test)
- Ability to delete patron records in bulk
Roadmap information is available in the Tipasa Community.
Product web site
More product information can be found at http://www.oclc.org/en/tipasa.html
Support information for Tipasa is available here:
- Training: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa/Training
- Documentation: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa
- Release Notes: https://help.oclc.org/Resource_Sharing/Tipasa/Release_notes_and_known_issues
- OCLC Support: https://www.oclc.org/support/contact-support.en.html
When calling OCLC Customer Support (U.S.), press option 7 to be directed to a Tipasa Tier 1 Support Specialist.
OCLC Community Center
At the OCLC Community Center, you can:
- Connect with community peers
- Collaborate, ask questions and gain insights
- Contribute and share ideas to improve products
- Stay on top of and discuss OCLC announcements