Learn how to sign in to Resource Sharing for Groups and find your WorldShare URL, and how to set and reset your password.
Sign in to the WorldShare interface
- In your browser, enter the WorldShare URL for your library. Your WorldShare URL will have the following format: https://yourcustomWorldShareURL.share.worldcat.org/wms. Replace yourcustomWorldShareURL with the WorldCat registry ID or configured URL qualifier for your library.
- On the Sign in screen, enter your User Name and Password.
- Click SIGN IN.
Find a forgotten WorldShare URL
- Go to the Sign in to OCLC Services page and select WorldShare Management Services, WorldShare Metadata Services, or WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
- Search for your institution with your OCLC symbol, institution name, or zip code. Select your institution from the list and click Continue.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- The User Name field is not case-sensitive.
- Click Sign In.
- Bookmark or write down your WorldShare URL.
- Use the format: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- You will need to edit your bookmark to match the correct format
Request a new password
- Only the administrator(s) for your account can set or reset your password.
- Your current password will not work once you have requested a new one.
- If you need assistance setting or resetting your password, contact OCLC Support.
- Visit your library's WorldShare URL. Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- On the Sign in screen for your WorldShare interface, click SET / RESET PASSWORD.
- In the new window, enter your User Name.
- Click REQUEST NEW PASSWORD. The email associated with your User Name will receive an email containing a link that lets you reset your password. The link expires in 24 hours. Please check the spam folder if you do not see the email.
- Click the link in the email message to reset your password.
WorldShare password requirements
Your WorldShare password:
- Is case-sensitive
- Must contain at least nine characters
- Must contain at least one non-alphabetic character
Note: Semicolons (;), colons (:), apostrophes ('), and periods (.) are not allowed.