NCIP Implementation Checklist
Find a list of tasks that are involved in implementing NCIP with Relais.
Prior to starting your NCIP implementation please review this documentation on implementing, testing and using NCIP with Relais.
Once you are ready to begin, please contact OCLC Support. On the Dashboard, create a new request using the Implement NCIP template.
- A staff member will be assigned to work with you throughout the implementation and testing process. A professional services fee will apply.
The following outlines the steps involved in implementing NCIP.
- Contact your library system vendor to arrange for the implementation of the NCIP server and any related software needed.
- Determine which NCIP messages your library system vendor supports.
- Install the NCIP server and configure NCIP settings per the documentation provided by your library system vendor.
- Determine the NCIP messages to be used with Relais.
- Complete the tests described.
- Test/tweak settings as appropriate