Update as Complete Loan
See also Query Results for details regarding the constant request information, standard buttons and request history.
Complete a loan returned by another library
After items are returned from the requesting library, prior to reshelving requests must be updated to Complete Loan.
- Retrieve the request to be updated.
- The Complete Loan tab displays. See Query Results, Tabs for more information on the tabs that may display.
- Constant request information displays.
- Pending displays.
- Click Complete Loan or Enter.
- Completed displays indicating that the update has been completed successfully.
- The request is updated in Relais as a Complete Loan (RET)
- An audit record is added to the request
- The loan tracking record in Relais is considered closed
- If NCIP or eSIP is enabled an NCIP CheckinItem message is generated and sent to the local library system to check in the item.
- The cursor goes to the Exact Query input box (if your initial query returned a single request).
Update a batch of requests as Complete Loan
When update a batch of request as Complete Loan staff can click the Batch check box, when checked as each request number is entered it is updated automatically, staff do not need to click Complete Loan or Enter.
Complete loans for multiple items for a single request
If there are multiple items associated with a single request, then a grid displays with each of the barcodes and Pending for each.
One or all items can be updated, depending on what was returned by the requesting library.
- Click a barcode and click Complete Loan or Enter.
- Completed displays and the corresponding updates done.
- If all items were returned, then click Complete All.
- Completed displays for each barcode in the grid.
If NCIP or eSIP is enabled, NCIP CheckinItem messages are generated and sent to the local library system to check for each item updated as Complete.
Note: The Batch option is not available for requests that for which multiple items have been loaned.
Undo Complete Loan
If you update a request as Complete Loan in error it is possible to undo the update.
Immediately after updating the request as Complete Loan, the Undo button is enabled.
- After clicking Undo, the following message displays:
- Are you sure you want to undo the Complete Loan? Yes | No
- Click Yes to reverse the update in Relais.
- The Complete Loan can be done again or another request retrieved.
Note: If you are using NCIP, the Undo action does not reverse the CheckoutItem message that was sent when the Ship Loan was done and so the item must be checked into the local system manually.
For a multi-volume loan, undo each item separately:
- In the grid, select the barcode and click Undo.
- Repeat this for each item for which the Complete Loan needs to reversed.