See also Query Results for details regarding the constant request information, standard buttons and request history.
Update a request as unfilled
When the requested item cannot be supplied, update the request to indicate the reason.
- Retrieve the request to be updated.
- By default the Loan tab displays. Click the Unfilled tab. See Query Results, Tabs for more information on the tabs that may display.
- Constant request information displays.
- Pending displays.
- From the Reason Unfilled drop down list select the appropriate reason that the request cannot be filled and click Update.
- Updated displays.
- The request is updated in Relais with the reason selected.
- An audit record is added to the request.
- The cursor goes to the Exact Query input box (if your initial query returned a single request).
After selecting the Reason Unfilled the Next Supplier indicates the next step for the request. For example:
- If the request is canceled, e.g. by the patron or because it is a duplicate, then Delivery displays.
Update multiple requests with the same reason for unfilled
If there are multiple requests to be updated with the same reason for unfilled
- Retrieve the first request
- From the drop down select the reason
- Click the Retain box
- This selected reason is retained for as long as you remain on the Unfilled tab or until you un-check it.