- Your emails are not going out and you are getting a connection failed message.
Here are steps you can take to troubleshoot the Connection Failed message for outgoing emails:
- Verify with your I.T. that your current Email settings are correct in the Customization Manager.
- The Email Server is under the EmailSMTPServer key.
- The Username is under the SMTPUserID
- The Password is under the SMTPPassword
- The port is under the EmailSMTPPort
- The email addresses you are using are under EmailFromAddress, DocDelEmailFromAddress, and LendingEmailFromAddress.
- If you update any of the keys, you will need to have the Web Server Administrator restart the ILLiad System Manager service.
- If you are Hosted by OCLC, please contact OCLC Support.
An example of the error message might look like this:
Connection failed: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because the connected host has failed to respond 184.108.40.206:25.