- You want to remove a patron account that has not used the system in years to clean up the database.
If you find a patron does not have any requests, you can delete the patron using the ILLiad Database Manager.
Here are the steps you need to take to delete the account.
1. If you do not have it already, you need to download the ILLiad Database Manager.
a. If you are using 8.7.x.x,, this is the 8.7.x.x Database Manager (.exe).
b. If you are using 9..0.x.x, this is the 9.0.x.x Database Manager (.exe).
2. Once you have opened the ILLiad Database Manager, you will go to the Patrons tab.
3. Make sure the box for "Only delete patron if Expiration Date has passed" is deselected.
4. Search for your patron by Username.
5. The Name should be showing down at the bottom of the screen.
6. Click on the button on the right side for "Delete Displayed Patrons."
The process will then delete the patron.
If the patron has requests associated with them, then you will need to Break the User Link in the ILLiad Database first.
After this process is complete, then you can delete the patron account following the steps above.
If you are hosted by OCLC, please contact OCLC Support for any questions about the process.