- You want to know how Z39.50 works
Z39.50 is set up in the Customization Manager, allowing ILLiad to search for Local holdings you have.
We will need the Database Name (something like XYZ_INST), Server Address, and port number from the Database Provider.
Refer to: Connecting ILLiad and Koha Databases Using Z39.50. for completing the Z39.50 on Customization Manager.
Here are some links to the ILLiad Documentation on Z39.50:
- Searching & Sending Requests: Searching Local Holdings.
- OPACs and Z39.50.
- Connecting ILLiad and Alma Using Z39.50.
- Connecting ILLiad and Koha Databases Using Z39.50.
- Connecting ILLiad and Polaris Databases using Z39.50.
- Connecting ILLiad and FOLIO using Z39.50.
- If you update your settings for Z39.50, restart the ILLiad Client after saving the changes in the ILLiad Customization Manager.