- You want to shrink your Database, so you decide you want to delete transactions before a certain time period. You want to know how to do this process
You use the ILLiad Database Manager to delete transactions. Please be careful because once you delete the requests, it is a time-consuming process to restore the database to get the requests back. here is the process you need to use:
- After logging into the Database Manager, you select the Transactions Tab.
- By default, the Deletion Date is three years back from today. So if today is 3/25/2019, the deletion date shows 3/24/2016.
- Because you wanted to change the date to 1/1/2016, then you update the Date on the calendar and select 1/1/2016.
- Be sure to deselect any Process Types you do not want to delete of the choices Borrowing, Document Delivery, or Lending. You will see the total number of requests by Transaction Status.
- The query will only delete requests that were Canceled or at the Request Finished Transaction Status. The display will show all transaction Statuses that will show that is previous to the date you set such as 1/1/2016.
- If there are any requests that are not at Canceled or Request Finished, you will see a message that tells you these requests will not be deleted.
To give you a basic guess on how long it will take to delete the transactions, you can estimate that 10,000 Transactions will take an hour to process.
You can also use this process for Borrowing or Doc Del Transactions as well.