This course covers how to create new WorldCat bibliographic records and how to edit, upgrade and replace existing records. You will also learn how to create and apply bibliographic constant data and how to use some of the advanced editing features in WorldShare Record Manager. This course does not cover cataloging rules (AACR2 or RDA) for creating new bibliographic records.
Topics covered include:
- Create new WorldCat bibliographic records
- Create and apply bibliographic constant data
- Use advanced actions for editing bibliographic records
- Upgrade and replace WorldCat records
This course is intended for copy and original catalogers at OCLC member libraries who will be using WorldShare Record Manager to edit existing WorldCat records and create new WorldCat records.
Register for live, online training
|Wednesday, June 15, 2022||2:00PM - 3:30PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (76 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.