WorldShare Record Manager release notes, February 2020
Release Date: February 29, 2020
This release of WorldShare Record Manager provides new features and enhancements in addition to numerous bug fixes. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- Ability to move Local Holdings Records (LHRs) to a different bibliographic record:
- You can now move up to 100 LHRs from a bibliographic record when you were previously limited to moving 10 LHRs at a time.
- LHRs can be selected to move to a bibliographic record from the Local Holdings Records search results list or from the bibliographic record editor. Prior to this release you were limited to moving LHRs from the bibliographic record editor.
- Répertoire de vedettes-matière (RVM) is now available as an additional authority file.
- Label printing users will see improvements made to My Labels when working with your label print lists to help streamline your workflow, including:
- When sending records to a label print list, you will now be able to select the label print list name from an auto-suggest drop-down to make it quicker to find the label print list you are working on when previously you need to select your list from drop-down list.
- Once a record is sent to a label print list, the name of the label print list is hyperlinked can be easily accessed to quickly print your labels. Prior to this release you would need to navigate to My Labels to find your label print list to print your labels.
- Bug fixes:
- Two 852 fields will no longer appear in newly derived LHRs when constant data is applied
- Temporary shelving location can be updated using the barcode index with Local Holdings Records search
- Call number browse is correctly retrieving call numbers that contain diacritic characters such as dashes or commas
- Author's name displays correctly on bibliographic results list
- Barcodes with dashes can be retrieved in a search
- Extras spaces removed from the 008/11-14 and 008/24-27 text fields in the bibliographic record editor
- Replacing a bibliographic record created by the same institution creates a correct 040 $d subfield
- Searching the Canadiana authority file for terms containing "d'" works correctly now
These enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
New features and enhancements
Move Local Holdings Records (LHRs) to a different bibliographic record
Move all or selected LHRs from one bibliographic record to another
You can now move up to 100 LHRs from one bibliographic record to another by selecting the LHRs you want to move and then clicking "Move Selected (XX)" or by selecting the "Move All (XX)" option (if less than 100) under the Move LHRs dropdown. Previously you were limited to only moving 10 LHRs at a time.
Move LHRs from a search results list to a different bibliographic record
After you search for LHRs you can now select up to 100 records from the results list and move them to a different bibliographic record by selecting the "Move to Different Bibliographic Record" option under the Actions menu. You can select from your search results LHRs that are on multiple bibliographic records and move them to one bibliographic record.
Répertoire de vedettes-matière (RVM) Authority File
Searching and browsing RVM
The Répertoire de vedettes-matière (RVM) authority file has been added to the list of available authority files under the data type "Authority Records".
Two new scopes have been added to the dropdown for authority files:
- RVM- Browse
Select an index, type in your search terms and submit the search or browse. Results display in a results list.
Working with RVM records
You can now print, edit, export and save RVM records to the Saved – In Progress File.
You can apply a RVM subject heading to a bibliographic record by clicking on "Copy Authority Data" when viewing the authority record and then inserting it by clicking on "Apply Authority Data" in the Edit menu of the bibliographic record. You can also type in RVM subjects manually in the bibliographic record and then single-control by using the "Controlled Heading" / "Add" option or control all headings in the bibliographic record at once with the "Control All Headings" in the Record menu.
You can NOT create or replace RVM records.
Applying a link / controlling RVM headings
RVM authority headings can be added as subject headings to bibliographic records and controlled.
The condition is that the heading is in 600, 610, 611, 630, 651 or 650 fields with indicator 2 = 6 or 655 with ind2=7 and $2 rvmgf
Autosuggested label print list name
When you send records to your label print list, you will now see an autosuggest option along with the drop-down list to help you easily find the label print list you want to use. To find a label print list, you can start typing the list name and will see matching options presented in an autosuggest drop-down. This helps you find the desired label print list quickly, especially when selecting from a long list of print lists.
Label print list name is hyperlinked
Once you have sent a record to a label print list, you will see a confirmation message that shows the label print name as a hyperlink. This hyperlink allows you to quickly go to this label print list when you click the link to print your labels.
This feature will be available in WorldShare Acquisitions in a future release.
Two 852 fields in newly derived LHRs
When users derived LHRs and applied constant data templates then two 852 fields were created. This issue has been resolved and two 852 fields will no longer appear when applying LHR constant data.
Update Temporary Shelving location for LHRs
When trying to update the Temporary Shelving Location for LHRs in Record Manager from a search results list the option “Change Shelving Location” in the Actions menu was grayed out and could not be selected. This issue has been resolved and the temporary shelving location can now be updated using the barcode index under the My LHRs scope.
LHR Call Number Browse not retrieving results consistently
When searching for call numbers that contained diacritic characters e.g. dashes or commas using the My LHRs Call Number Browse search, some of the call numbers were not properly retrieved in the search. These call numbers can now be retrieved correctly in the call number browse search.
Author's name display issue on bibliographic results list
A period was displayed between the author's fist and last name on results lists. Now the author name displays correctly without the period.
No results if barcode has a dash at the start
Barcodes beginning with a dash, like e.g. -348336 were not retrieved correctly. Now these barcodes can be retrieved in a search.
Extra spaces in 008/11-14 and 008/24-27 text fields
When users placed the cursor in the 008/11-14 or 008/24-27 text fields in the bibliographic record editor, extra spaces appeared by default at the beginning of the text field. The extra spaces have been removed and the cursor now appears at the beginning of the text field.
Replacing your own record does not create a 040 $d
When an institution replaces a bibliographic record that they have added to the database no 040 $d field was generated. Now a correct 040 $d field with the institution's symbol is created.
Problem when searching the Canadiana authority file
When searching the Canadiana authority file for terms containing "d'" some combinations were not correctly retrieved. The indexing issue has been fixed now.
Virtual AskQC office hours
Join OCLC Metadata Quality staff to discuss WorldCat quality issues and cataloging questions. Visit AskQC for information about upcoming office hours, previous office hour recordings, and supporting materials.
Support information for this product and related products can be found at: